San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity provides this opportunity for low-income homeowners to leverage their greatest asset – their home.
An ADU is a small residence that shares a single-family lot with a larger primary house. They can be called by many names including, back house, granny flat, in-law suite, or sidekick.
ADUs are increasing across the country as a flexible, affordable, environmentally friendly, small home. Extended family, young professionals, students, and seniors can now live in areas they might not have access to otherwise.
Am I elegible?
- Own and live full-time in your home in: Alhambra, Altadena, Arcadia, Atwater Village, Azusa, Baldwin Park, Bradbury, Duarte, Eagle Rock, El Monte, South El Monte, Glendale, El Sereno, Highland Park, Irwindale, La Canada, La Crescenta, Monrovia, Lincoln Heights, Monterey Hills, Monterey Park, Montrose, Pasadena, South Pasadena, Rosemead, San Gabriel, San Marino, Sierra Madre, Sunland, Temple City, Tujunga.
- Your home must be the only property you own – with ownership of at least 3 years.
- Be current on mortgage, property taxes, and homeowners insurance.
- No open collections, charge offs or bankruptcies (within the last 7 years).
- Minimum Fico Credit Score of 620.
These are the basics of eligibility. Each loan will be fully underwritten for program eligibility.
Download the brochure:
If eligible, SGV Habitat will send you a full application to complete, along with a list of supporting documentation needed. This process can take up to a month.
Once all info has been received, SGVHabitat will schedule a property assessment.
We will review ADU options with you.
We will present the anticipated cost and provide the PartnershipAgreement.
We Start Building!
Household Income Qualification
Your entire household must earn less than the maximum income listed for your household size. These limits are based on the 2023 Los Angeles County gross (before taxes) annual income figures and are subject to change.