We are LUCKY for People Like You
Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day by thanking our loyal donors, partners, volunteers, supporters, and shoppers
On St. Patrick’s Day, we want you to know how lucky we are for people like you (our Habitat heroes). When we work together, we offer hard-working families the opportunity to create a healthier and more vibrant future.
Whether you donate, partner, volunteer, advocate, or shop at our ReStores, you can make a tangible impact that will last for generations.
Here are a few reasons why your generosity matters so much to our mission to end the affordable housing crisis in the San Gabriel Valley:
- In fiscal year 2021, you donated over $3.6 million to build and repair more homes. Read more on our 2021 Gratitude Report.
- You helped us launch our three-year, $28 million campaign to help 100 families here, and abroad, build or repair their very own place to call home. Learn more.
- 6.450 total individual, youth, and corporate volunteer hours were put in at our ReStores and construction sites
- 200+ tons of goods were diverted from landfills through ReStore donations
- 40,886 customers shopped at our ReStore and all the proceeds went back to helping our mission
- And much more!
The housing crisis is ongoing. 2021 is proof, with your support, positive impact can be made in the fight to solve it. Every donation, every volunteer hour, every purchase at the ReStore, every advocacy effort – contributes to helping families live and remain in a safe, decent, and affordable home.
Your Support Goes a Long Way During this Crisis
Now, more than ever, having a quality and affordable home in which to shelter can make or break a family’s ability to overcome this pandemic.
Your gift goes a long way – especially during and after the COVID-19 crisis:
It has provided emergency food to families in need
- Our ReStore trucks have provided emergency food for 300 families to date though partnerships with other nonprofits including La Casa de San Gabriel Community Center
It creates and maintains safe, healthy housing
- We are expanding our critical home repair program with safety measures in place to keep everyone healthy
- Currently processing over 200 homeownership and home repair applications to help families access or maintain safe, quality and affordable housing
- Creating 50 new homeownership opportunities in the next 36 months across the San Gabriel Valley, including Alhambra, Altadena, Azusa, Baldwin Park, El Monte, Monterey Park, and Pasadena
It helps open and run our new ReStore in Duarte
- At the new Duarte ReStore, 100% of the store’s revenue will help speed the building and repair of homes right here in the San Gabriel Valley region
Thanks to your generosity, Habitat homeowners like Alejandra have been able to shelter at home and weather the biggest pandemic in our country’s recent history.
“Even during the COVID-19 crisis, our home gives us hope!” Said Alejandra. “We feel secure while sheltering in place.”
Want to speak to someone about making a donation?
Have questions, comments, or ideas about helping our neighbors respond to and recover from this crisis?
Contact Paul: E-mail or call (626) 340-2280