COVID-19 Operational Updates
Prioritizing Health and Safety
There have been several changes to how we conduct business every day – all to keep you, our team members, and our communities safe.
- Atwater Village ReStore: Our Atwater ReStore location opens July 21 with safety measures in place.
- Duarte ReStore: Our Duarte ReStore is NOW OPEN with safety measures in place.
- Donation Pick-Ups Resumed: If you would like to schedule a pickup, please visit our website.
- No Donation Drop-Offs: Donation drop-offs are currently suspended. We hope to resume these as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Online ReStore is Open: Shop online from the comfort of home. We offer free shipping for all purchases. Supplies and quantities are limited.
- No Construction & ReStores Volunteers (Yet): We have worked hard to make sure all volunteers are safe when they visit us. We will announce when registrations for volunteers are open to the public. In the meantime, please create a volunteer account to receive the latest volunteer updates.
- Limited Team Build Days: Contact us to learn how we can accommodate a very limited number of groups for safe, physically-distanced building and home repair opportunities
- Virtual Impact Days: Groups can still make a difference, all while staying at home. All your team members will need is a computer. Contact Leah to learn more.
Special Event: Women Build
- Women Build is Postponed: Given the highly fluid COVID-19 situation, Women Build has been postponed until further notice. We welcome you to continue fundraising to help even more women and their families build or repair a place to call home. Our team is actively pursuing the safest options or alternatives to ensure Women Build continues to be a safe, fun, and empowering event for all who attend. Visit our Women Build page for more details.
- Women Build a Better World: This exciting new series features several prominent female figures, just like our Women Builders, who are making a difference in their communities. Visit the WBABW blog for more information.
- SGV Habitat Offices Open to the Public: While our offices are open to outside visitors, we are limiting access to keep everyone safe.
- Have an Appointment with Us? You can request a virtual appointment whenever possible.
- We are continuing to accept and process applications and complete home repairs.
- We’ve put safety measures in place to keep everyone healthy.
A Message to Our Community
As our country returns to a “new normal,” we must remember that COVID-19 is still very much a valid threat for our communities.
Thanks to your support, we continue to help families in Northeast Los Angeles, Glendale, Pasadena, and San Gabriel Valley.
We look forward to welcoming volunteers back to our build sites and ReStores, visiting with our donors in person, and continuing traditions that Habitat holds so dear, like home dedications and groundbreakings. Until then, we thank you again for your support and remind you that together – we stay #HabitatStrong.
Would you like to speak to someone at SGV Habitat?
Please contact Steve: E-mail or call (626) 425-4609